Friday, August 17, 2012

GET WILD! Patterns galore!

One of my favorite things about thrifting is the crazy patterns you find. Even though this fall it appears as though high fashion magazines want you to believe that "crazy patterns" and "crazy pattern mixing" is so in that just about anyone can do it, I think not. It takes a trained eye, and a no-holds-barred attitude when it comes to wild patterns. What they don't tell you is that if you are going to go down that route, you must do it with attitude! This means that if you are out at a bar and decided to wear a shirt as a dress, you need to not give two hoots if someone calls you out on it! Wear those patterns with pride and no one can stop you!

Like...



This amazing, vintage, kimono-style muumuu situation. It was probably intended to be worn as pjs, but you bet your sweet bippy I am going to wear this to a fancy event some day. Some day. Also, I love the pattern so much at it is currently on my list for "tattoo inspirations" (sorry Mom).


We have SO much to catch up on—like what has transpired with my challenge of thrifting Sheila's summer wardrobe. We have some results, and we had some duds. Luckily, some of the "duds" meant they were passed to me, like this boxy, black and white floral patterned top. It spoke to my grandma and goth style preferences perfectly.




I love this pattern. Love it. 



I found this weird 90's style button up during the same Saver's run as the above kimono dress. I feel like it was meant for some comic artist, who loves Talking Heads and Keith Haring.


And finally, since it is almost (almost!) sweater weather, I have this child's "Glamour Knits" top that is stylistically in the vein of the comic top. I feel very "Claudia" wearing this. You can't go wrong with weird knit patterns. EVER! (Just don't forget your ATTITUDE!).

No comments:

Post a Comment