Friday, October 1, 2010

What to Wear to a Nirvana Tribute Concert in Russia

This is the outfit I am wearing today, which for some reason spoke to me as being practical apparel for the insane hurricane residue that was dumping on NYC this morning.



(All That Jazz floral print romper, Austin TX, $2; lace up boots, Green Bay WI, $4)

I first debuted this outfit last summer in St. Petersburg, Russia. My friends and I were headed out for a night on the town--a night of Nirvana cover bands performing Bleach, start to finish, song by song--and this seemed like the perfect outfit for what was sure to be a cross-culteral transcendental experience. We arrived, however, at 10pm, to find that the show was already over. Strange, in a place where id doesn't even get dark until 11:30 at night.

So goes the tragic tale of a perfectly themed outfit, gone to waste.

One of the best things about this romper is most definitely the print. Say what you will about the trend towards that decade, I am embracing the 90's floral, at the very least, wholeheartedly. I like to think of it as the white noise of floral prints; tiny, busy, and muted, to the point of being texture.

Here is an assortment of my favorite 90’s floral patterns from pieces in our collections. You’ll have to check out mine and Holly's flickr pages to see what garments they belong to.






No comments:

Post a Comment