Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fear No Velvet


I have had a moratorium on velvet in my wardrobe for a solid six years. Maybe more, actually, as now I cannot recollect a single velvet thing that I have ever really owned. Anyhow, the velvet moratorium is over in a very major way, with this silver velvet crop top. It is one of several pieces I recently found that are sending my fall look in a very witchy direction. I dig it. I passed up an amazing long velvet tiered skirt the same day, which I immediately regretted terribly. I went back a week later for it and it was gone. Never second guess your instincts.

When I wore this for the first time last week, I drew a lot of stares, and I'm not quite sure why. That is a hard thing to do in New York. Maybe 8:30 a.m. is too early for silver velvet. I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment