Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall Equinox/"Hippie Shit"

I don't think we can overemphasize the importance of witchy elements to a stellar fall wardrobe. While I don't thrift a lot of black clothing (leave that to our resident New Yorker), I have also come across some key pieces that complement my fantastical look.



Verging on Ren Fair/Harry Potter/Medieval costume/LOTR (though I have no qualms incorporating some of that into my wardrobe, as seen here, here and here), I was roped into buying this number by my brother, who was on the phone with me as I was trying it on in the dressing room at Arc Value Village. I asked him if I "needed" a baggy, purple, crushed velvet vest and he replied, "yes, because it would be like Prince."

I decided right then and there to get the thing, even though I misunderstood him and thought he was talking about Prince the recording artist ("like Prince at the zoo," I quipped). He meant prince as in the son of a king. Like Jesus.*



These fantastic velvety bow numbers could, like the vest, represent many styles. In particular, these shoes could also be considered as "pilgrim shoes," or, as I like to think of it, "classic sensible footwear."

I have yet, however, to find a pentagram necklace that is as versatile as these pieces.

*My bad. Catholic school should have taught me that is the son of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment