Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January Jewels: Because There is Not Much That is Good About January

I am going to tell you something that you already know. January sucks. It is dark, cold, and generally characterized by varying degrees of Holiday hangover. To add insult to injury, Valentine's Day is what we supposedly have to look forward to. Hardly consolation.

To do my part to ward off the January doldrums, I am going to do a recurring feature this month to showcase some super sweet thrifted jewelry pieces I have recently acquired. My thrifting excursions in Wisconsin over Christmas yielded, for me, and unprecedented haul of totally sweet jewelry. Majorly scoring at the jewelry counter is a very rare thing, as those of most thrift stores are stalked by opportunistic resalers who are well versed in what the good stuff is, even on the costume end.

That said, the bulk of my finds were in the bangle division. For whatever reason, it was a total bangle-fest out there. I feel like I just acquired a whole new wardrobe of bangles! Which is something worth being excited about.

The first I will feature is decidedly springy, and will probably not get much play until then, but is a pleasant reminder that there is light at the end of the tunnel; this fantastic floral printed plastic bangle bracelet!


This piece caught my eye instantly at a Bethesda in Neenah, WI, and the price was decent, at $3. Bangles are a thrift store fixture, but I don't know if I have ever come across a printed one before. The print is so totally exceptional that it almost looks painted. Matching earrings were sitting nearby, but they definitely occupied the cheesier end of the plastic jewelry spectrum, so I left them behind.

1 comment:

  1. How ever could you share your bangle fever and not also impart how you almost broke your hand for the love of bangles during a particular grueling session of Just Dance 2?

    ReplyDelete