Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Treasures!

Though there were moments this past weekend where I felt as though I was experiencing the downside to my thrifting addiction (mainly an insatiable need to keep thrifting, at the expense of all else, even if it resulted in neglecting my family, my friends, my health and the gorgeous unseasonal sunshine), I have to say that my trips to four Green Bay thrift shops resulted in some great goodies. Here are two of the treasures that win top billing (the third will debut in coming days...though you can check out my flickr account and guess what number is right up there) for best finds.

Dooney and Bourke Purse

A vintage Dooney and Bourke "small square Surrey" handbag for $7 (at the West Side Saint Vincent DePaul, which was crap for clothes but good for accessories. The major downside was that I was unaware that they did not take credit cards, which resulted in a few less items than anticipated). Since purses were "buy one, get one free" (WHAT?!), I also acquired this number, which was the best I could do, given the rest of the selection.

Boar's Tusk Necklace

THIS is quite possibly the most crazy, awesome piece of jewelry I have ever seen. The woman working at the Salvation Army where I got it said she believed it was a boar's tusk, due to its shape. Honestly, I don't even care what it is because it is that awesome. They had it priced at $29.99, which is very steep for GBC thrifting prices (and thrifting prices in general), but as it was deemed a "collectible," the selected 50% off category for the day, I got it for $15.

All my amazing, normal GBC thrifted priced goods, can be viewed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment