Tuesday, May 3, 2011

BELTANE to MEMORIAL DAY countdown: Chanel on a Thrift Store Budget

Although I have found a lot of great new tanks in recent weeks, this countdown is inspiring me to revisit past tanks that I haven't seen since last September, and pretty much forgot existed. If not for the joy of seasonally hiding my clothes on myself, I might take my clothes for granted. But instead, I get more mileage out of my deals, and am able to rediscover magical little moments of genius like this, my #14 TOP TANK TOP, a black rayon tank with spaced white pearl beads.



This tank has what I like to call the "Chanel Factor", in that it is about the closest thing to Chanel that you can ever hope to get on a thrift store budget. Black and white will always suggest Chanel, but in this case, the pearl beads, perfectly spaced, is twist-on-a-classic touch that really nails it. I am very pumped to have it back in the lineup.


The only drawback being, the beads make it a bitch to iron. But it's a small price to pay.

1 comment:

  1. I like this...The pearled style is precious!I just focused a peach dress with pearls all over it like this on my blog and totally hear your complaint about the ironing..LOL! But small price to pay right? your finding some great versatile pieces! Its gorgeous!
    Brande
    http://victoryvintageb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete