Saturday, May 14, 2011

Beltane to Memorial Day Countdown: Tiniest Tank for the Coldest Day

So today was supposed to be a fantastic spring day. I had a whole line-up of fabulous outdoor spring things to do on my Saturday off—a trip to the farmers market to stock up on my summer herbs (decided after last summer's heinous yield that I am forgoing veggies and only planting herbs this year), a spin around the Seward garage sales and an afternoon BBQ at my friends' Grant and Sarah's place.

Guess what?

I woke up on this most glorious of May 14ths to find....46 degree temps and rain.

WTF to the max.

So, rather than letting the weather get me down too much (we are still doing the BBQ at the very least and substituting other outdoor activities with painting and a viewing of Bridesmaids), I am flipping ma nature the bird and presenting my most tiny, summery tank I've got:

DSC04744
DSC04745

The Lux Floral and Lace Camisole.

I couldn't believe my luck, as on one trip to Value Village last spring I picked up this piece, my rope pattern Jonathan Martin tank from a few posts back and another, even more favorite tank that you will need to wait to see (get excited. As excited as you can get for a tank top).

While such a tank isn't as versatile as some tanks are, having strappy cotton tops like this are a MUST for those rare, but extreme, summer days when temps reach the triple digits and the humidity index makes you feel like you are swimming in a puddle of your own sweat. Not only does a tank like this allow for maximum breathability, it is beyond cute. The floral print and lace are a bit girly for my tastes, but I love the pink and gray on navy action. I also believe that when you are dripping in weather that is leading to the occasional hallucination, a little touch of feminine charm is totally acceptable, as it can be one way to offset the decidedly unsexiness of extreme heat.*

*Another option, of course, is to just wear your birthday suit, but as far as I know, you can't thrift that.

No comments:

Post a Comment