Friday, May 13, 2011

BELTANE to MEMORIAL DAY countdown: Austin TX Special Trip Preview

This next tank top, my #10 TOP TANK TOP, is a little preview to my coming feature (next month, after this epic countdown), my special trip to Austin, Texas. The deals were abundant, the fashion, fresh and exciting, the breakfast tacos, bean-filled and satisfying. To tide you over until my feature on Austin TX, in case that breakfast taco reference wasn’t enough, I give you this lovely bold African-printed tank!



I picked this guy up at a thrift store (which will remain anonymous, I am under strict orders) that was conveniently located across the street from my motel, for a whopping $2. I spend quite a bit of time in Austin, and I find that this place is always reliable for tank tops. In fact, I think I have only ever bought tank tops there, oddly enough. But I digress. What makes this tank top great is not only the fantastic geometric stripe African-style print, but how it is asymmetrically applied. Not only that (again!), it has a slightly off-center pleat with a vertical boarder stripe, making for a really interesting composition of the wearers torso and chest. Who doesn’t want their torso redesigned? I mean, come on.

That is A LOT of design for one tank top, and $2, and a short trip across the street. Even cheaper than a breakfast taco.

1 comment: